To apply for a loan, you will have to provide the lender with detailed documentation of your financial history. The lender will request a credit report from a credit agency and will verify the information provided in your loan application.
In most cases, be prepared to provide:
- Social Security numbers for both you and any co-borrowers
- Copies of checking and savings accounts statements for the past two months, including blank pages, and submit all statements received during the process to keep your file current
- Evidence of any other assets such as bonds, stocks, or money saved in retirement programs (i.e. 401k or 403b program)
- Recent paycheck stubs, including those received during the processing
- W-2 withholding forms, or income tax returns for the past two years to verify your income and proof of employment
- The name and address of someone who can verify your employment
- Residence history for the past two years
- Sales contract for the purchase of a new home
- Homeowner’s association information with contact information if property is a condo or part of a homeowner’s association
Contact the professionals at Elite Financial to help you get a mortgage today.